Our Gloomy Eventful Weekend & 19-Week Update

Monday, May 8, 2017

Just when I thought Southern California was getting ready for summer weather, we were hit with a cold and rainy weekend...but that didn't stop us from having our fun!

On Saturday, we celebrated our friends' son Grayson's second birthday. He was born on Star Wars Day (May 4th), so of course his party was Star Wars everything!

Owen just learned who R2-D2 was the other day, so he was pretty ecstatic to see the balloon.

Birthday boy!

Good guys on the blue. Bad guys on the red...though one would argue that Boba Fett isn't reeeaaally a bad guy.

There were pool noodles that were made into lightsabers, and Owen made it his mission to bring as many of them into the bounce house as he could.

At one point, he said, "Mama, you come right here?" I mean...I'm not gonna say no, lol.

You can't see it in this photo, but my hair was made like Rey's in "The Force Awakens".

(Here's a photo I took at home...way easier to do than I thought!)

Go Grayson!


Owen did not want to partake in hitting the piƱata...and all he did was put candy in other kids' bags. He has a lot to learn.

THE COOLEST CAKE!!!


Thanks for having us, Grayson! We had a blast!


On Sunday, we got up suuuper early for Ralph's third and final half-marathon to complete the Beach Cities challenge (3 half-marathons within a year - Long Beach, Huntington Beach, and OC). As soon as Owen and I dropped him off, it began to rain and HAIL. My poor husband was soaked for his whole run, but he finished it in 1:43 and some change.

All bundled up.

Good job, Daddy!

Owen passed out on the way home...as if HE was the one who ran 13.1 miles that morning, lol.


Today, I went in for my anatomy scan. "Rerun" is looking great and weighing in at 13oz already. I wonder if he'll break 8 pounds. (Eek!) Children were not allowed at the appointment, so my mom was kind enough to watch Owen this morning; in return, I treated her out to a late breakfast at Euro Caffe. It. Was. DELICIOUS.


Owen was HUNGRY, but my mom and I had no clue just how hungry he was.

Top: French Revolution Crepe (Mom's), Bottom Left: Bacon Crepe (Mine), Bottom Right: Nutella and Strawberry Crepe (Owen's). My mom had the green tea latte, and I had the Nutella latte (SO GOOD).


The bottom one was Owen's...

...and he went to town...

...and ate the WHOLE THING!!

Washing it all down with some milk.

Not a bad start to the week. :)

Thanks for watching the little stinker, Wowa! You do so much for us already!

Now time for a bump-date!

How far along?: 19 weeks, 4 days (Oh yeah! I forgot to mention, my doctor OFFICIALLY changed my due date to September 28th - 5 days earlier than expected!)
Total weight gain/loss: +6 lbs
Sleep: Not so well these last couple of weeks because I've been sick.
Best moment this week: Not baby-related...the Ducks winning games 4 and 5 in OT.
Movement: Every day now!
Symptoms: GERD. I'm in serious trouble because I'm only halfway there, and all the foods I crave are foods that you should avoid if you have GERD. Meh. What baby wants, baby GETS.
Symptoms I DON'T have: Nocturia and nausea.
Food cravings: Cereal, Mexican food, cottage cheese with grape tomatoes and chives.
Food aversions: Nothing stands out at the moment.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out?: In.
What I miss: Can't think of anything right now.
What I am looking forward to: Again, not baby-related...Ducks vs Oilers, Game 7. Looking forward to it and NOT looking forward to it at the same time.

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!