Shared Boys Room

Friday, January 19, 2018

I've been meaning to post photos of the boys' shared room, but I couldn't because...TWO BOYS. I guess it wouldn't have mattered because I've rearranged their room a handful of times since Henry was born.


I wanted the room to be as simple, spacious, and clutter-free as humanly possible. We ditched the black-brown furniture that Owen had before and opted for lighter colors.


Owen's room was Star Wars-themed, but I wanted to change that up as well. Ralph's favorite Disney movie is "Peter Pan", so we went for a minimalist/Peter Pan look.


Though Henry doesn't sleep in his crib at night yet (he's still nursing and isn't sleep-trained), we use it for his daytime naps and playtime. We'll probably spare Owen of having a roommate until Henry turns a year old.


I shared a photo similar to this one on Instagram, and I got a looot of comments about there being two raccoons. People thought I made a mistake, but it was completely intentional. The animals represent the Lost Boys, and the two raccoons are the twins.



Since the boys don't require a whole lot of closet space, we converted one side into a changing area. (The top shelf cannot take one more item...or maybe it was already like that before we moved in? Who knows...) The changing "table" actually used to be the TV unit from our bedroom. Owen's original dresser/changing table couldn't fit, so we switched them.

HA! And you thought the other shelf was bent...this one is about to give way. Eek.

And here...is the other side. (I swear it looks a lot neater in person. *Shrug*) That's where we moved Owen's bookshelf - it's now a place for all of his clothes and misc. things. This little space could use a little makeover, buuut...it could wait. As long as the closet door stays closed, it's all good...out of sight, out of mind, am I right?!


I'm excited to see how this room will evolve in a year's time. I could get the boys a bunk bed, which would allow more space to play ("So many activities!") And who knows? Maybe we'll move into a bigger place, and the boys won't have to share a room. Haha, nah, just kidding. I'd love for them to share a room while they're still little.

Owen's bed: IKEA Sniglar Bed
Henry's crib: IKEA Gulliver Crib
Play table: IKEA Flisat Table
Toy storage unit: IKEA Trofast Storage System
Rug: RugsUSA
Animal prints: The Crown Prints
"Welcome to Neverland" and "Little Boys" prints: The Print Annex

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!