Mother's Day 2017

Monday, May 15, 2017

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend because I sure did!

For me, it all started Thursday night when I got home from work. I was washing dishes, and Ralph comes up to me and asks, "How about we go to the Ducks game on Sunday? Your Mother's Day gift?" I was actually pretty surprised that he asked me because I was pretty set on having breakfast at Euro Caffe (yes, the place that recently won me over with a Nutella latte). Going to the game never even crossed my mind! I kept saying to him, "What? Are you sure? It's so expensive. Really?"  And then he told me to go on StubHub to pick out our seats. Woo! Honda Center, here we come!

Owen surprising me with "fahwoos" on Mother's Day morning.

Since Ralph gifted me with playoffs tickets, I insisted that we skip breakfast at Euro Caffe and just sleep in (as long as Owen would allow us) and have a relaxing morning in. At 3pm, we headed off to Anaheim.

The Bear Brass Band welcoming fans right outside the Honda Center.

We arrived early enough for warm-ups and took a few photos near the glass, since our seats were up top in the nosebleed section.

Owen wanted to get the towels off these chairs, hahaha.




Once warm-ups ended, Ralph, Owen, and I headed for our seats. We sat all the way up top on the goalie side where the Ducks shoot twice.

Predators fans in front of Owen. Predators fans to my left. They were pretty tame during the game, thank goodness.

Best part about going to a game is eating a bunch of junk...right, Owen?

The game itself was awesome. The Predators took an early 2-goal lead, but the Ducks managed to pull through and win 5-3.

DUCKS WIN!

Owen did very well, and I think we all had a much better time this time around than the last time we took him, and it's not just because we won - having a seat for Owen (which we didn't have last time) made a world of a difference. We were all very comfortable, and Owen had a lot of room to move around. By the 3rd period, he was zoning out, and Ralph and I were sure that he would fall asleep; but Owen watched the whole time and didn't want to leave once the game was over. "No go home!", he kept saying.





Thank you, Ralph, Owen, and Rerun (who was dancing in my belly the ENTIRE game)! I had the best day ever, and I'm so grateful to be able to share it with the 3 of you. Love you!

Mother's Day celebrations continue on Saturday when my mom and I (just the two of us!) go out for brunch and shopping...and for someone who isn't a big girly girl and doesn't like tea, I'm actually looking forward to it. :)

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!