Parisian Brunch & 21-Week Update

Saturday, May 20, 2017

My mom turned the big 50 last month, and I had intended to take her to a tea place for breakfast/brunch on her special day. My plan, however, was foiled by my dad who told me that he had taken the day off to take my mother out. Womp womp...

But a couple of weeks ago, my mom asked me if I wanted to have a girls' day out to celebrate Mother's Day. She suggested we go for high tea. (Great idea, hahaha.) She wanted to go to The Tea House on Los Rios, which was the place I wanted to take her for her birthday. Unfortunately, my phone calls and messages to make a reservation were never answered, so I made plans to go to Paris in a Cup.

This cute little place is located in The Orange Circle and has a little boutique right when you enter.

We were the first ones seated! It pays to make reservations because this place filled up quick.


We started out with the Plat de Provence, which is an assortment of cheeses, fruits, and breads. I had vanilla bean tea, and my mom had Le Papillon Madame ("or something like that", she said).

To be honest, we were getting full by the time our main course arrived, but we managed to eat half our meals.

My mom ordered the "Henri" (Portobello mushroom and other veggies in a ciabatta bread) with a salad.  

I had the "Croque Madame" (croissant with eggs, gruyere cheese, and ham) with baked potato soup.

As I'm documenting all of this, I'm eating my leftovers. Heh.

After we ate as much as we could, my mom and I sadly turned down the dessert menu. We'll definitely come back; and when that time comes, we'll order ALL the desserts.

Bathroom selfie because...why not?

After that, we headed for the mall, where my mom tried her very hardest to buy me a pair of comfy shoes (which would be my Mother's Day gift from her and my dad). I kept telling her that today was my gift to her and joked that she's the mother and I'm the daughter - buying ME a gift is not how Mother's Day works. It was fun watching her pout as I would try on shoes and just say "no" to all of them. (Now, don't get me a wrong...anyone would love to accept a pair of shoes, but my mom does so much for us already that I just couldn't let her gift me with shoes.) At the end, we just got Cinnabon to go and headed home.

Hope you had a great day, Mom! You deserve the whole world. Love you!

And to wrap it all up, here's my 21-week bumpdate.


How far along?: 21 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +5 lbs (probably +10 after today)
Sleep: It's been okay.
Best moment this week: My boys taking me to the Ducks game on Mother's Day.
Movement: Early morning, whenever I eat, and right before I go to bed.
Symptoms: Starting to get tired easily.
Symptoms I DON'T have: Nocturia and nausea.
Food cravings: Anything with cheese and tomatoes.
Food aversions: Nothing.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: None.
Belly Button in or out?: Flat.
What I miss: A nice medium steak, lol.
What I am looking forward to: Going to Disneyland and eating at Goofy's Kitchen on Wednesday!

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!