Owen's Park Adventures

Monday, August 1, 2016

Now that Owen is a walker/climber/runner/adventurer, parks are our new go-to places. We go very early morning or after dinner because those slides are SCORCHING from 9am to 6pm. 

We've "tested" a few parks, but our favorite is Melinda Park, which is very close to home (walking distance!). The toddler play area is completely shaded by late afternoon/early evening.

This was at Bill Barber Park in Irvine last week.



Owen's Starbucks order = tall milk+ice blended.

Look at how happy (and HOT) he was! We didn't stay too long because of the heat.

Later that day, we walked to Melinda Park in Mission Viejo. MUCH cooler and way more enjoyable.




I brought our dinner with us and had a picnic.


We had another dinner/picnic a couple of days later...but this time with "Datton".



And just like that...he promoted himself to the BIG slide.

Another park that Owen went to this past week was La La Barn Indoor Playground for his cousin Elijah's 2nd birthday party. He had WAY too much fun, though he was fighting sleep and hunger pretty badly...

Whenever he goes up a step, he always has to say "Up!"



He loved going inside this little house!


And he also found this bear. By the way, this photo was completely unposed.

With cousin Miya!


And with the birthday boy Lijah Bear!


After eating, Owen found a toy car and a bunch of cube storage shelves...


...and he played here for like 15 minutes nonstop.


Today, we took a break from parks and went to Dana Point Harbor. We had breakfast at The Coffee Importers, and then we strolled around the dock.


PB&J sandwich and fruits for Owen and a lox bagel for me.


I THINK he liked his breakfast.





"Kiss Mama!"



After Owen's nap, we had lunch at IKEA - $8 for the both of us...can't beat that!


Looks like he overheard something he didn't like, lol!

I don't remember the last time we brought Owen to IKEA, but he went BERSERK. He jumped on every children's bed and touched EVERYTHING.




I ended up buying him a small table (with storage), a train set, and a numbers puzzle. How I managed to bring all of it and him home was a challenge. Let's just say that it took a lot of patience...and I was really sweaty afterwards.



Back to work tomorrow, but I'm sure we'll be hitting up a park on Wednesday.

Until next time!

(Oh yeah! I lost 3.8 pounds in the month of July. I ate very badly, but I realized that I also upped my jogging/walking because of Pokémon Go. Heh.)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!