Birthday Weekend Recap

Monday, August 15, 2016

So, over the weekend, I turned 29! Festivities began on Friday when I met up with my coworkers/friends for dinner at Brü Grill. I decided last-minute not to take Owen with me, and I'm glad that I didn't. Sometimes, you need a little alone time...I was able to catch up with the girls and eat my dinner in peace (without having to pick up a crayon off the floor every 3 seconds). After dinner, they surprised me with a cake!

Thanks, Trang, Diane, Sarah, Tabi, and Lori!


On Saturday (my birthday), we woke up early to have breakfast at Stacks; but before we headed out, Owen brought me my gift.


A Fitbit Blaze! Thanks, you guys!


Captain Mac Nut French Toast!

After breakfast, we headed to Oso Creek Trail for a morning walk (and to play Pokémon Go), and then I went to get my nails and eyebrows done and picked up my free birthday bundtlet.

Red velvet, of course!

After lounging around and watching the Olympics all afternoon, we headed off to the Spectrum to have dinner with my family. Thanks for dinner and the gifts, Mom, Dad, and Matthew!




Afterwards, we just walked around, and then we stopped by Honey & Butter for some ice cream and macarons.


I need this adult coloring book.






Best way to end your birthday!


And then Sunday was Ken and Jen's wedding! Ken used to work at OCUA, and he was my mentor and one of my closest friends. I still remember the day he told me about Jen, and I knew right away that he had found "the one".












It was one of the hottest days of the week, but you couldn't tell by looking at them. I mean, c'mon! Could they BE any HAPPIER/CUTER?!


OCUA CREW! (Sorry about the photos! Camera lens was a little dirty. Weh!)




Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day! We love you!


I gave myself one more day to eat whatever I want (heh); and since today was going to be the hottest day of the week, Owen and I went for some ice cream at Honeymee.



This is now my favorite ice cream. Ever.




I'm sure we'll be back.

Back to dieting and exercising tomorrow...

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!