Play Dates!

Monday, July 25, 2016

Owen had two play dates this past week. On Saturday, we had breakfast with Auntie Trang and her nephew Christopher at Snooze! (Yep, my second time in one week...I'm not losing ANY weight this month.)


When I went to Snooze with my mom last Wednesday, there was no wait at all; but when Trang and I went on Saturday, we waited 1 HOUR AND 30 MINUTES. Thankfully, there was a play area outside for the boys (and a PokéStop for the adults, lol).



Owen, that's cheating!

There was also a coffee and water station outside (free!).


The boys were SO good throughout the whole wait, but then Owen started getting super cranky about 10 minutes before we got called in; and after we were seated, poor Christopher began falling asleep. Poor babies! We had planned to go to the park afterwards, but we immediately threw that plan out the window.


As soon as our food came, there was no talking - just eating. Owen finished his entire sweet potato pancake, and I will always remember the way Christopher shoved his scrambled eggs into his mouth. Those boys were starving!

I had the Benny Duo (Bella! Bella! Benny and Benny Goodman). The next time I come back, I'm trying the pancakes. Thanks for treating us, Auntie Trang!


Today, Owen and I decided to go to Spectrum...again...and this time, we met up with Nina and the kids! We started off with lunch at Pieology.


Afterwards, we went to Barnes & Noble. My primary goal for going to Spectrum today was to go to B&N and get him another copy of "Goodnight Moon" since his first one (from Jeanni) has been destroyed. (See photo below.)

I was using the restroom when he came running in with half the book in his hands. He held it up to me and said, "Uh oh..." with tears in his eyes. RIP "Goodnight Moon" #1.

Trying to get a decent photo of these two is impossible.

"No, wait. Sit down!"

"Here, some Elmos! Now, stay there. Look at Mama!"

"DON'T MOVE! OKAY, GREAT! NOW, SMILE! Ah, forget it."

A little while later (for whatever reason), Owen began to laugh at his cousin Keyan, which made Keyan laugh, which made Owen laugh even MORE. The kids couldn't control themselves, so we headed out. Sneaky Auntie Nina bought Owen his third copy of "Goodnight Moon" (my mom bought him a second copy a few days ago, which stays at my mom and dad's house). Thanks, Auntie Nina!

After B&N, we all headed for the playground. Nina and the kids left shortly after to beat the traffic, but I wanted to stay a little while longer to hit up a few more PokéStops (I was running out of PokéBalls) and to check out Honey & Butter, a macaron shop. It was a good thing I did because I finally caught a Pikachu!!! (Yessssss...)



Yeah, I'm DEFINITELY not losing any weight this month.

Got an assortment of macarons - Fruity Pebbles, French Toast Crunch, Nutella, Churro...*droooool*


At least I exercised this morning! And I'm only going to have a salad for dinner. :P Overall, the play dates were a success, and I'm glad Owen has the opportunity to play with kids close to his age.

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!