Spectrum Dates and Pokémon Go

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Since we're blocked from going to Disneyland, we've been hitting up the next best thing - Irvine Spectrum. We basically go there for three things: the water play area/splash pad, Barnes & Noble, and *ahem* PokéStops.

And, okay, fine. YES, I've downloaded the game and admit that I'm slightly obsessed, but can you blame me? I was a child of the 90's, and Pokémon was my life. I remember watching the show, buying/collecting the cards, and drawing my favorite Pokémon (and I'm pretty sure I still have some of those drawings). So yeah, this is basically a childhood dream come true for me.

I've been to the Spectrum THREE TIMES since Sunday. (Note: it was Ralph's idea to go on Sunday, and it was my mom's idea to go today.)

On Sunday, our plan was to stay home and make ice cream sundaes for National Ice Cream Day; however, after Ralph's morning run, he asked me, "Do you want to go to Spectrum and nerd it up?" And I looked at him and replied with, "Heck yes." We were made for each other. Clearly. A couple of hours later, we were on our way.

We had lunch at Chipotle first. Gotta be energized before we hit up all those Stops and catch all those Pokémon, amirite?!

While eating, we opened our Pokémon Go apps and were displeased to find out that the servers were down. Ugh. Why?! We had hoped that the app would be up and running by the time we were done with lunch, but it wasn't; so, we went to Barnes & Noble.

I'm so glad we did because Owen enjoyed the Children's section so much. He didn't want to leave!

A little while later, we headed to Cream for some ice cream. Luckily for us, servers were up again, and there was a PokéStop close by. We got our ice cream and captured some Pokémon.




After that, we headed to the splash pad (which was ALSO near a PokéStop, hurrah!) and let Owen run around. He's still hesitant going through it, but he still gets a kick out of just watching the water and other kids play.



The following day, we went back and did the same thing: lunch, Barnes & Noble, and splash pad.



Instead of ice cream, I had my coffee.

Best book ever!




Today, my mom took us out for breakfast. We went to Snooze, a new breakfast/brunch place at Tustin Market Place. They specialize in Eggs Benedict and French toast, but I opted for the Breakfast Pot Pie. It. Was. Heaven. Their house brew was pretty fantastic too.


Isn't my mom just the cutest?!

My mom's Toffee Pudding French Toast. Yum!

On the left (Owen's breakfast), sweet potato pancake with hash browns and fruit; on the right (my breakfast), Breakfast Pot Pie with a sunny side up egg, hash browns, and chicken sausage. THANKS, MOM!


After breakfast, the plan was to go swimming, but my mom suggested we go to Spectrum instead. Of course I was aaaaallll about that plan! We hit the usual spots, but since Owen wasn't really into the splash pad today, we hung out at the playground instead.



It wasn't open when we got there...but we were still full anyways. Maybe next week. ;)


Surprise, surprise. He wanted to read "Goodnight Moon".



He loves his "Wowa".

The only good thing I've caught at Spectrum was Jolteon, and that was today (shortly before the servers crashed again). No worries, I'm sure we'll be going to Spectrum many more times this Summer.

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!