Herrera Family Update

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Sheesh, time is flying - it's already been 3 weeks since our sweet Henry was born! We took him to his pediatrician today for a regular check-up, and we're happy to report that he has gained his weight back (and then some) and has also grown 3/4 of an inch. He is still a little jaundiced, so the doctor recommended that he get his bilirubin levels checked (which we did). We'll have the results later today, so let's hope everything is normal.




As for everything else, it's been going great! I cannot be more thankful because it wasn't this "easy" with Owen. I know, I know...it's not nice to compare, but, honestly, don't all mothers do this? But to be fair, I healed faster, I'm healthier, and Ralph and I have been through this before.


Ralph has been Super Dad these last few weeks. Since I've had to devote most of my time taking care of Henry, Ralph has taken over being the primary caretaker for Owen...and now they're BFFs. They even went to Disneyland without me and Henry. *Sniff* Just kidding. Sort of. (Now I know how Ralph felt when Owen and I went on our Disney dates while he was at work.)



Owen continues to be the doting big brother and is constantly smothering Henry with kisses. He panics whenever he hears the baby cry and tries to console him by going, "Shhhh, it's okay, baby. Don't cry." And this morning, I caught Owen giving the baby his pacifier. *Insert heart eyes emoji here* I really hope Owen keeps this up...at least, for the next several months. They have their entire lives to bicker, hahaha.


As for me, I'm doing great. Our first day home, I was able to do almost everything on my own, even take a shower. (I remember my first home shower after having Owen...it was a whooole production, and I was completely dependent on Ralph.) Thank God I healed as quickly as I did, or Ralph would have lost his mind.

For the most part, we've just been taking it easy. We've gone to a few outings (mostly Target and coffee runs), and we've even taken Owen to Irvine Park (where we had his 2nd birthday party) to visit the Pumpkin Patch. Fortunately, we went before the Canyon 2 Fire broke out.







Ralph will be returning to work on Monday (noooo!), so the next few days will be spent just relaxing at home. I'll be needing all the rest I can get. And caffeine. And Jesus. (Seriously, how do moms with 3 kids do it? Or multiples?)

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!