Welcoming the 3rd Trimester

Monday, July 10, 2017

Summer is here, and last Thursday marked the start of the third trimester! *Throws confetti!* And BECAUSE it's Summer and BECAUSE I'm approximately the size of a baby whale, I've had no desire to leave the cool and comfort of my own home.

Here's what's been happening since I last blogged...

At the end of June, I had my 26-week check-up, and so far, so good! I passed my Glucose test (Woo!), and my doctor and I talked about delivery options. After going back and forth, Ralph and I decided that it would be best to do a repeat C-section. We already scheduled it for Thursday, September 21st, and we are SO excited!

For 4th of July, we - you guessed it - stayed home, haha; however, I tried my best to make the most of it.


For breakfast, I made star-shaped Nutella-filled French toast topped with blueberry sauce with strawberries and whipped cream on the side *WHEW*.



For lunch, we just had leftovers; and for dinner, we had carne asada tacos and cheese quesadillas (Ralph's request).


And after that, I put together this super easy S'mores recipe that I saw on Instagram just a day or two prior.


S'mores Dip Recipe:
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Layer the bottom of an oven-safe dish with Hershey's chocolate bars.
3. Dip some marshmallows in water and cover them in blue sprinkles.
4. Repeat step 3 but with red sprinkles.
5. Cut the dipped and non-dipped marshmallows in half, and arrange them sticky side down on the chocolate to look like the American flag.
6. Cut a non-dipped marshmallow into tiny pieces and scatter them on the blue marshmallows (these will be the "stars").
7. Bake for 8 minutes.
8. Serve with graham crackers!


Needless to say, Owen enjoyed dessert immensely.

While we were having our dessert outside, we let Owen throw Pop-Its on the ground. He was pretty terrible at it at first (throwing them too softly, or throwing them at our feet/legs), but he got the hang of it later on. These were our "fireworks" this year, since Owen has never really had a huge liking for fireworks (not yet anyway). Perhaps next year.



And during all of this, I've been nesting...like, reeeeeeeaaaaaally bad. I think finding out the baby's delivery date has put things in motion. Obviously, since we live in a 2-bedroom townhome apartment, the boys will have a shared room/nursery, and that means we'll need ALL the room we can get. And, naturally, I want to redo Owen's room entirely (much to Ralph's chagrin, HAHA, just kidding...sort of) instead of just tossing a toddler bed in there and calling it a day.

In the beginning, I had all these plans of selling old furniture and buying new ones; but throughout the process, I decided to just move certain things around, which, in the end, will save us a couple hundred dollars and a LOT of work. So far, we've done the following:
  • Cleaned out Owen's closet, which consisted mostly of Owen's toys and Ralph's collectibles (most went into storage).
  • Moved Owen's dresser/changing table into our bedroom, which is now OUR dresser/current TV stand.
  • Moved our old TV stand to the right side of Owen's closet, which will house Rerun's clothes and serve as the new changing table.
  • Moved Owen's bookcase to the left side of his closet, which will house Owen's clothes and miscellaneous things (diapers, wipes, etc.). 
  • Moved our small shoe cabinet (which we found out was only holding 2 pairs of shoes we didn't know we still had, LOL!) from the downstairs closet to Owen's room. We'll be turning it into a toy storage unit of some sort (I just love IKEA products...so versatile).
  • Moved Owen's crib to where his changing table/dresser used to be.
  • Organized the crap out of our own closets to simply make more room.
  • Went to our storage unit to bring back Owen's old baby things (clothes, rocker, swaddles, etc.).
It's hard to picture all of that right now, but I'll definitely post before and after photos in the future. This weekend, we'll be buying Owen's big boy bed (AHHHH!!) and getting started on THAT transition - his bed will be where his bookcase and crib used to be.

So that's what we've been up to! Just cleaning and re-organizing. Later today, we'll be meeting up with the amazing Christina Cho for our maternity photo shoot. :)

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!