Hello, October!

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Lots to talk about...

MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY
Last Wednesday, we went to Disneyland to go to Mickey's Halloween Party! It was our first time going, and it was so much fun.




We came as Mr. Fredricksen, Russell, and Kevin from Pixar's "Up". Wendy is Dug, but since we couldn't take her , we brought Owen's stuffed animal Dug.


I hand-drew his buttons, cut and sewed his scarf and sash from old scrubs, and made the Wilderness Explorer logo out of felt. SO much fun to make this costume!




Once again, Ralph's costume was the easiest one - only thing I did was remove the lenses from his glasses because the glare kept showing up on pictures. My costume was pretty easy as well - a no-sew tutu, blue shirt, and then I attached some feathers on a headband.


We only went on one ride because our focus was to collect ALL the candy...but Ralph's mom insisted we ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad while she watched Owen, since we can't ride "big kid" rides whenever it's the three of us. Thanks, Mom!

We weren't going to stop for anything else, BUT we noticed Pooh Bear was dressed up, so we just HAD to pay him (and Tigger) a visit.



Behind Ralph is one of many candy stands.



With heroes/villains from the DC Universe!



Our loot!

We got home at midnight, and we all passed out shortly afterwards. We had so much fun, and we plan on going back next year.


WEIGHT LOSS
Last post, I talked about how I met my weight-loss goal of losing 50 lbs since giving birth to Owen; but I figured I'd continue with my monthly weigh-ins until 2017, just to see how much I can lose in one year. This morning, I weighed myself and lost 5.6 lbs since last month, making it a total of 30 lbs since the beginning of this year. I don't expect to lose much in October because...


CELEBRATIONS
There will be a lot of reasons to celebrate, which means there will be a lot of eating. There are so many birthdays this month, including my mother-in-law's, Ralph's, my dad's, and my brother's. Oh, and Ralph and I will be celebrating our 3rd anniversary on the 20th.

For my dad's big 5-0, we're going to Disney World! We'll be leaving the 12th and returning the 18th. We recently got our MagicBands in the mail, and my mom has given me and Ralph permission to plan our itinerary for Disney World. I mean, I think we know a thing or two about Disney resorts, right?


When we come back from our trip, we'll be in the process of...


MOVING
A little over a week ago, our apartment complex served us with a notice of lease violation, stating that we were making "excessive noises". We figured our new neighbors (they moved in about a month ago) downstairs were the ones complaining about Owen walking/running in the apartment because we never had any issues with our previous downstairs neighbor.

I'm not going to get into it too much because I can already feel my blood pressure rising, BUT, long story short, we've found a new home in Tustin. We cannot be more happy/excited to leave our current place. We have been good residents at this complex for 3 years, and we're really disappointed with how they handled the whole situation. I mean, who serves someone a violation notice without any proof?! Ugh. I'm hoping the people who move in after us are DDR-loving, drum-playing, rambunctious college students.

So that's what we did today - we went apartment-hunting. My friend Trang recommended her complex, which, oddly enough, was the one that we chose. What's even better is that her townhome is LITERALLY on the other side of ours! We signed the lease contract, and we'll be moving in October 27th.



After all that, we treated ourselves to some ice cream. Owen deserved it.




So that's what's going on. Why do I have a feeling that the rest of the year will be even more eventful? We'll just have to wait and see.

Until next time!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!