Weight Loss - Before and After

Friday, September 23, 2016

This morning, I stepped on my scale, and I'm proud to say that I have lost a total of 50 pounds since giving birth to Owen. At that moment, I was proud of myself, but nothing could have prepared me for what I am about to share with you - my before and after photos (which I promised to share when I reached my weight loss goal):


I never thought to take a photo of myself RIGHT AFTER pregnancy, so the photos on the left were taken 11 weeks postpartum, which was when I was cleared for all types of exercises.

Throughout my entire life, I have struggled with my image, so sharing something like this so openly is an emotional thing for me. Why am I sharing this in the first place? I'm not too sure. Maybe it's a reminder to myself that (as cheesy as it sounds) I can accomplish anything with hard work and dedication, or maybe I hope it inspires new moms (or anyone, really) to take that first step into their weight loss journey.

It may have taken me more than a year, and there may have been one or two setbacks, but I am so happy with where I'm at. I'm still not at my "ideal" weight for being 5'0", but any more pounds lost after today is honestly just a bonus for me.

I plan on continuing the lifestyle that I have now, which consists of healthy eating, exercising several times a week, and, of course, the occasional cheat meal(s). I hope to never be as unhealthy and sedentary as I was a year ago because I owe it to, not just myself, but to Owen, Ralph, and my future children (God-willing).

Thank you to everyone who has encouraged and pushed me to reach this goal. Couldn't have done it without you.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!