24 Weeks / Halloween

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween came and went without much event. I was never really a big fan of Halloween (because I'm such a chicken when it comes to anything scary), but being pregnant during this holiday presented itself with some cute costume ideas; so I decided to dress up this year.

Unfortunately for me, I had to work...and not only did I have to work, I had a mandatory meeting to attend at 7:00am, so I had to wake up EXTRA early to get ready. This year, I was a skeleton with sugar skull make-up. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed the outfit and received plenty of compliments from my coworkers and patients...but I don't think I'll ever wear face paint for a 10-hour shift EVER again! My face felt sooo oily and disgusting; by the time I got home, I washed my face and re-applied my make-up after half an hour of letting my skin breathe. And then I applied Ralph's make-up too. Here was the outcome!



Wendy REALLY wanted to be Elsa. ;)

I purchased the maternity skeleton shirt from CutsieTootsieApparel, which is an Etsy shop that sells adorable maternity shirts (here's the matching shirt for future dads). I purchased Wendy's dog costume at Target (they didn't have a skeleton one...it would've been perfect!).

We barely got any trick-or-treaters this year! I think we had, at most, 7 kids stop by...oh, well. Next Halloween will be better because I'll have a little baby to dress up! (Haha, now I like Halloween!) 

Alright, on to this week's pregnancy update!

How far along?: 24 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +14 lbs
Sleep: The maternity pillow I bought last week is amazing, but my poor husband is losing more and more space on the bed. Hahaha! Sorry, honey...
Best moment this week: My relatives from Vegas visited this weekend, so it was great to catch up and, as always, EAT!
Movement: I'm starting to see a pattern - baby boy is more active at night...my friend told me it means the baby will be born at night time. We'll see!
Symptoms: Achy feet. I find myself wanting to sit down more at work. :/
Symptoms I DON'T have: Nausea.
Food cravings: Sinigang - it is a Filipino soup that is kind of sour...and it's weird because I don't normally like this type of soup. I'm more of a tinola or nilagang type of person. I don't even know who I am anymore!
Food aversions: For the most part, sweets. There's a huge bowl of leftover Halloween candy, and I don't even look at it more than twice a day. If it was a bowl of CHIPS or something, then it'd be gone.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Not yet. :)
Belly Button in or out?: In.
What I miss: Fried eggs. I know eggs have been under my list of "Food Aversions" for a majority of this pregnancy, but nothing beats a plate of rice, kielbasa, and a fried egg. :(
What I am looking forward to: Weather change! It's been cold this whole weekend, and I'm excited to bust out my California winter clothing!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't buy shoes online if your feet have changed! I'm now a size 7/7 and 1/2!
Milestones: Baby Herrera is now, at least, 1 whole pound.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!