Gender Reveal!

Saturday, October 4, 2014

I know a lot of people have been waiting to know the sex of the baby...but I couldn't say anything until we told ALL of our family members! So, without further ado, Baby Herrera is...
A BABY BOY!!!

Ralph and I found out on the morning of October 1st (first appointment of the day!). It was my mid-pregnancy ultrasound appointment - so not only were we going to find out the sex of the baby, but the ultrasound tech was going to be getting measurements of the baby and sending it to the radiologist - that way, he/she could analyze whether or not the baby was healthy and growing normally.

As soon as I was on the exam table, the ultrasound technician told us that she would take about 25-30 minutes to do all the measurements, then she would turn the monitor so we could view the baby together. Of course, she asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby, and without hesitation, I answered, "YES."

For the most part, nobody said a word - she seemed so focused on what she was doing that Ralph and I didn't say anything. I just stared at the ceiling, trying to think of anything that would distract me from thinking about going to the bathroom (I was instructed to drink 24 oz of water one hour prior to the appointment so that I would have a full bladder...well...FULL BLADDER INDEED). But not 10 minutes into the exam, she said out of nowhere, "It looks like it's going to be a little boy."

I quickly turned my head to look at her, and I said, "Really?! Oh...I'm gonna cry!", which is exactly what I did. When she was finished, she turned the monitor so Ralph and I could see how big our baby had grown. We saw his little face, his feet (they look huge), and his little baby boy parts! There is absolutely no mistaking that this kid is a boy! And later that day, I received an e-mail from the radiologist, and he said that the baby was the right size and nothing abnormal was seen on the ultrasound. Thank you, God!

THEN it was time for the fun part...as you can see from the pictures, we surprised our folks with the results. For my parents and brother, I used a big cardboard box that contained blue/white balloons; and for Ralph's mom and family, I made a cake that had blue frosting in the middle. (By the way, I'm ordering a cake next time...baking/frosting/decorating that cake was a nightmare! I love baking, but baking does not love me...)

Anyway, we are so unbelievably excited and cannot wait to start shopping and doing all these DIY projects for our bouncing baby boy. February cannot come soon enough!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for this handsome baby boy to come to this world and be loved by so many...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Can't wait to welcome little Mr. Herrera when he arrives! Congrats to your growing familia. ♡☆♡☆

    ReplyDelete