Hello, 2nd Trimester!

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

It's official! Well, it's been official for a few weeks now...but I'm now into my 2nd Trimester! Today, I am 16 weeks and 2 days.

So, let's backtrack for a moment here. I had my NT ultrasound on my birthday - this was supposed to be a screening test; however, the tech and the doctor were unable to get the exact measurements of the baby because it wasn't in a favorable position. The good news, though, was that the doctor didn't see anything worrisome - so yay!

Today, I had my 16-week check-up with Dr. Boehmer. I was hoping he'd tell me the sex of the baby, but he said I would have to make a separate appointment at the Kaiser Hospital in Irvine. They have a more advanced/high-tech ultrasound machine that does more than determine the sex of the baby...and this wouldn't be done until the 19th week. UGH! WHAT TORTURE!

But that's okay, I still had an ultrasound today. And I gotta say...the baby has developed a LOT. I was able to see its spine, and it was moving so much! I even saw its right hand grab its little foot...so cute! Dr. Boehmer said that everything is going well, and the baby has a strong heartbeat at about 150 bpm.

And now that I'm obviously showing, I'll be posting a weekly photo to watch the growth of the baby bump. And I'll admit...I enjoy doing the chalkboard art a whole lot more than taking a picture of myself! And along with a picture...a weekly survey. :)

How far along?: 16 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +6 lbs
Sleep: Adjusting to having to sleep on my side, so I wake up several times a night. Womp womp...
Best moment this week: Watching the baby touch his/her little foot during my 16-week appointment.
Movement: Not sure if I'm feeling the baby or if it's gas. HA!
Symptoms: STRONG sneezing and getting hungry more often.
Symptoms I DON'T have: No more nausea!
Food cravings: Ham, mozzarella, and tomato paninis...every day for breakfast.
Food aversions: Eggs, avocado, and chicken.
Gender: Don't know yet!
Labor Signs: NOT YET.
Belly Button in or out?: In.
What I miss: Sushi, especially ahi poke...and COFFEE. Caffeinated coffee.
What I am looking forward to: Finding out the sex of the baby!
Weekly Wisdom: It's not worth it to stress out.
Milestones: First belly bump picture.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!