Pregnancy Announcement!

Monday, August 11, 2014

Today marks 12 weeks of me being pregnant! Ralph and I decided on this day to announce the pregnancy because August 11th is a special day for us - Ralph proposed to me, on this day, 2 years ago.

I didn't really think of doing anything special with the announcement until the weekend leading up to the 11th. I really wanted to use "Share a Coke with..." cans that had "Mom" and "Dad" on them, but I was too lazy to go to more than one store (I went to one Target and gave up right away haha).

So I went through Pinterest and searched for some pregnancy announcement ideas. The easiest/cheapest idea I found was taking a series of pictures where the parents-to-be were blowing up balloons that revealed the news when the balloons were big enough. Luckily for me, my mom had a stash of unused balloons, and there was a pink one and a blue one. Here was the outcome:
I'm really happy with how it turned out!

In a couple of days, I'll be having a NT (nuchal translucency) ultrasound, which is a screening test for certain disorders. Let's hope everything will be okay!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!