The Last Year in a Nutshell + A BABY?!

Friday, March 1, 2019

Oh my goodness...where do I begin?! I haven't blogged in almost a year! To be honest, I had certain goals for this space (as well as other social media outlets); however, I realized that it was just too much for me. So...I'll go back to using this blog as I had originally intended for it to be used - a way to document and share my motherhood journey.

SO! A lot has happened since my last blog post in March 2018! Actually, looking at my blog, most of the recent posts were sponsored ones...I guess I haven't really shared any updates since Henry was born in September 2017. Yikes.

Here's a quick overview:

Owen turned 4 years old this past Monday. 4! Can you believe that? He's still wild, silly, and strong-willed as ever. He talks a LOT and asks about 10 billion questions a day (most, of which, he already knows the answers to). He also continues to be obsessed with anything with wheels, but Pooh Bear is still his favorite toy.





Henry is a full-fledged toddler and is never too far from Owen. He loves anything and everything that has to do with Mickey Mouse ("Mow Mow"), Toy Story, and Puppy Dog Pals. Henry is also our little foodie and likes trying out new foods - he's definitely not as picky as his dad and brother. He also started sleeping in the boys' shared room about 6 months ago (before that, he was sleeping in his crib in our bedroom), and we cannot be more grateful with how well he AND Owen have handled the transition.





Ralph hasn't changed a bit. He still works for the county and continues to train for marathons and Brazilian jiu jitsu. He also reads his novels, collects his comic books, and trains to become a Pokémon master (hahaha, yeah, the game made a huge comeback). Ralph does all that and still finds the time to be the best daddy and husband.





As for me, I cut down my hours at the urology clinic and got a second job as a home health pediatric nurse for a good portion of 2018 (it fit my family's schedule better). I worked with only one patient and her family until September when I got the heartbreaking news that they were moving out of state. Honestly, I could not have asked for a better family to work for, and I do think of them often. Luckily, we still keep in touch every once in a while. I resigned from the home health company shortly after my last shift and returned to working at the urology clinic per diem.

The BIGGEST update of 2018 (for the whole family) was that we found we were expecting our third baby. To say that we were surprised is a complete understatement, but I'll save that story for another post.

A week before Owen's 4th birthday, we welcomed a baby girl - Grace Celeste Herrera. She was born on February 18th at 6:21pm, measuring 19.25 inches long and weighing 7 pounds and 7 ounces. (The following photos are courtesy of Christina Cho Photography.)









We've been home as a family of five for over a week now, and we are enjoying every minute. Yes, it is super crazy, loud, and exhausting; but we are so blessed and so happy.

Until next time! Let's hope it doesn't take another year for me to post something!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!