Babymoon in Hawaii - Day 3

Wednesday, October 22, 2014


OCTOBER 21ST, 2014: DAY 3 - PEARL HARBOR

Ralph and I, once again, woke up before 6:00am. Not able to go back to sleep, we watched "A Bug's Life", which we borrowed the night before at the Pau Hana Room. Afterwards, Ralph went for a run at the beach while I just stayed in and lounged around. When Ralph got back, we got ready to visit Pearl Harbor.

So green!

I've been to Pearl Harbor before, so I remembered to leave my purse behind. I felt bad for all the people I saw turning back around from the main entrance to walk back all the way to their cars to drop off their things. And it was HOT and SUNNY today!

"The Tree of Life" by Alfred Preis is a symbol of eternal renewal.






The shrine of the memorial (with the names of the honored dead) was under renovation. Interesting fact: all survivors who have passed away have been interred within the USS Arizona; and the rest of the 9 living survivors have confirmed that they, too, would like to be with their fallen brothers once they have passed.


I didn't really take a lot of pictures because I didn't want to forget the fact that it was a memorial, and Ralph and I wanted to be respectful. And anyway, it's not a place to take a "selfie" of yourself with a huge smile...not very appropriate.

After visiting Pearl Harbor, Ralph and I went back to the hotel to get ready for a long afternoon of swimming.

Had to share - room service arranged our leis into hearts. Cute!

Also, if you're going on vacation, and you need a waterproof case, then THIS is the one to get! I took it with me to the pools, and everything in it was kept dry. You can even use your phone through the screen. Only downside is that your pictures can get a little blurry.

On our way down, we met Duffy! WHO is Duffy? He's a character who was created by Minnie Mouse for Mickey Mouse while he was preparing for a long voyage at sea. Cute, huh?

My dad let us borrow his Kodak Mini Video Camera (waterproof), so we were able to capture one of our many trips down the water slide. *SQUEEEEEEE*



The Waikolohe Stream aka "Lazy River" was definitely our favorite place to be.

Ralph got a nice picture in the infinity pool with an awesome Hawaii sunset in the background...

...and I did not. Super blurry. HAHA.
This pool area was pretty nice. It's 18+, so there were no kids running or splashing around. AND it has a poolside bar...good thing we're not pregnant and super heavy drinkers! ;D (I'm being sarcastic...*ahem*...MOM.)

At around 7:00pm, it was getting dark, so we decided to call it a day and grab some snacks at the Ulu Cafe before going back to the room.

Just realized I didn't have a picture of this - we stayed at the "masculine" tower.

Aulani WOULD have Mickey Mouse Spam Musubis!

Ralph's baby food - free juice included! Lol!

A chocolate chip cookie almost as big as his face for dessert!

And, of course, once we were done eating at 8:00pm, Ralph and I both fell asleep. We should've taken a nap or something...because now, we're both wide awake at 2:00am. Oy vey.

So today was pretty relaxing. We decided to skip the 'Ohana Disney Movie Nights (this is where they would show a Disney movie on a big screen in the same area we saw the Starlit Hui) because...1) We'd be sitting on a mat on the lawn, which isn't too comfortable for me; and 2) The movie was "Halloweentown". Eh...no, thank you.

And that's a wrap for Day 3!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!