39 Weeks...STILL PREGNANT

Monday, February 16, 2015

Oh my goodness...with the way everything has been going, I thought I'd have the baby by now, but nope! Baby boy is STILL residing in my belly, and there have been absolutely no other signs of labor. I saw my doctor last Thursday, and he said I'm still 60% effaced and only 1 cm dilated. So much for having this baby before his due date. *Sigh* It's alright. The baby will come out when he's ready, and, unfortunately, he's not quite ready as Mama is.

How far along?: 39 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +25 lbs (AHHHH!!!)
Sleep: A LOT more tossing and turning, that's for sure. The BHC wake me up at night, not to mention all the dreams I'm having of going into labor.
Best moment this week: Probably getting our home ready for this baby. It's been a long and tiring process, but the nursery is done, and our entire apartment is CLEAN! It just gives me peace of mind, knowing that I can go into labor at any moment and not worry about bringing baby home to a clean environment.
Movement: He's still tumbling around in there.
Symptoms: Refer to "Labor Signs".
Symptoms I DON'T have: Itchy skin, heartburn, and sciatica.
Food cravings: Nothing in particular...same ol' stuff.
Food aversions: Nothing!
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Dilation and effacement; low back pain, pubic pain, BHC, "nesting".
Belly Button in or out?: Flat. I'm already 39 weeks - pretty sure it's not going to pop out.
What I miss: Sleeping comfortably!
What I am looking forward to: This baby coming OUT.
Weekly Wisdom: BE PATIENT.
Milestones: Mama is officially on maternity leave! I'm pretty proud of myself for working till 39 weeks. I would have kept going, but everyone is telling me that I need to prepare and rest for labor.

And here are some more pictures of the nursery. It's preeeettttttyy much done - just gotta move the Death Star from the desk to a side table to the left of the dresser. I may put up more Star Wars decor, but, for now, it's good to go. (Still missing are a fan and a humidifier.)



2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful mama page. Happy maternity leave. Baby Owen will be here soon.

    ReplyDelete