37 Weeks - Full Term!!!

Monday, February 2, 2015

How far along?: 37 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +24 lbs
Sleep: A lot better, since my skin isn't as irritated.
Best moment this week: Getting all the furniture for the baby's room...can't wait till I go on maternity leave, so I can decorate the room and do all the final touches!
Movement: Nonstop. :)
Symptoms: Pubic and lower back pain.
Symptoms I DON'T have: Itchy skin, heartburn, and sciatica.
Food cravings: Salad, cereal, and milk (this one's pretty weird because I'm not usually a milk drinker).
Food aversions: Guacamole/avocado.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: My stomach has definitely dropped, but I need to ask my doctor about Braxton Hicks contractions...I've read about them, and they're described as "tightening" of the uterine muscles, but how do I know that it's not just the baby stretching? There are a lot of times in the day (like right now) that my stomach feels as hard a rock, and it takes my breath away...but I just assume that's just the baby pushing his butt out. Hahahaha!
Belly Button in or out?: Still flat as a pancake.
What I miss: Moving at a regular pace. I am getting slower and slower...
What I am looking forward to: Maternity leave!
Weekly Wisdom: Make sure you're getting enough fiber...that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Milestones: We're full term!

Hallelujah! We have reached 37 weeks, and we're officially FULL TERM (according to TheBump.com anyway). I cannot express enough how ready I am to have this baby. I've even had a couple of dreams that I've already given birth - Ralph has said he's had this dream too. I guess we BOTH are ready!

And speaking of Ralph, I must gush for a second - my husband is truly all kinds of wonderful. Being pregnant is hard, but taking care of and living with a pregnant woman isn't easy either. Ralph takes Wendy to the park, cleans up our home, does the laundry, takes out the garbage, and, of course, goes to work (he even worked SEVEN days in a row this week - some were overnight shifts!). And then there's me...he deals with my tossing and turning 100 times a night, massages my back when it hurts, and puts up with my crazy mood swings. And even after working every single day this past week, he began assembling the furniture for the baby's room on his first day off! (The crib, the dresser, and the bookshelf were all delivered over the weekend.) So, Ralph, if you're reading this, I love you, and you're amazing. :) 

And also...I'd like to thank my parents and brother for "babysitting" me and Wendy while Ralph worked those overnight shifts. It was nice to spend time with my family and Fitz and sleep in my old room...I felt like a teenager again.

Next up - PUPPP update! I saw my doctor last week for my 36-week check-up, and he finally prescribed something for my skin - triamcinolone acetonide cream. And thank the Lord, it WORKS! The only downside is that it won't help decrease the appearance of my stretch marks, but, right now, I REALLY don't care. I can work on my stretch marks once the baby is born...I'll soak my tummy in a mixture of oils and cocoa butter 24/7 if I have to, but for now, I am itch-free!

I have another appointment on Wednesday, and the doctor said he'll check if I'm dilated...let's keep our fingers crossed that I am. Until then!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!